eLatin eGreek eLearn

More wired than a Roman Internet café

All Discussions Tagged 'pedagogy' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Digital Pedagogy: A Needs Assessment

While on-line tools abound for use in teaching foreign languages, many teachers choose not to use them. I am wondering if this is because o…

Started by Andrew Reinhard

4 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by Amber patrick

Researching the Affects of Conversational Latin on Student Perceptions

I'm currently working as a Fulbright Scholar in Leipzig, Germany researching this question. I've pulled in a lot of literature relating to…

Started by Adrianne LaFrance

1 May 25, 2010
Reply by Arianne Kahn

Themes for Next Year's ACL: Technology

There were two post-ACL fora to discuss a direction for next year's Institute, and part of the discussion focused on themes for sessions. I…

2 Jul 7, 2008
Reply by P. Chenier

Retaining First-Year Greek Students

One of the best sessions at the 2007 CAMWS meetings was on how to retain first-year Greek students. Can technology help with this mission,…

1 Jan 28, 2008
Reply by Kenneth Lawrence

Young = Wired?

I wish I had the citation handy, but I recently read an article that said that while younger students do seem to know about new technology,…

2 Nov 29, 2007
Reply by Laura Gibbs

Inscriptions in Latin/Greek classrooms

As an archaeologist by training, I'm always looking for a way to sneak archaeological finds into Latin and Greek pedagogy. While paleograph…

2 Oct 25, 2007
Reply by Laura Gibbs

Laptop schools and text-only materials

Is there still a need for printed textbooks and ancillaries for Latin for those schools that have made the move to all-tablet or all-laptop…

3 Jul 30, 2007
Reply by Jerard S. White

Archaeologists as language teachers

Many, many archaeology professors in the U.S. are expected to teach one or two Latin and/or Greek classes each semester in conjunction with…

0 Jun 10, 2007

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Andrew Reinhard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service